Inboard is changing the way people move.
We are a startup company that maneuvers quickly to stay ahead of the competition by inventing mobility technology. We all jump in to make sure everything that needs to get done actually gets done.
Inboard Technology is looking for talented individuals who are passionate about emerging technologies and excited about the opportunity to work for industry-leading organizations.
As the Vice President of Engineering you will be leading a team of mechanical, electrical, firmware, software, industrial design and outside contractors to develop an array of core products as well as accessories. You will also help set the companies strategic direction working with all the other departments to plan how engineering can best execute to bolster the objectives of sales, marketing, operations, and customer service.
- Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company’s strategic direction.
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of product development activities, holding them to development timelines and keeping them within budget.
- Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource/mentor.
- Hire and direct staff to meet department goals and milestones.
- Ensure that product development is focused on meeting and exceeding customer requirements.
- Implement processes to ensure product is designed to engineering best practices.
- Measure and report on engineering KPI’s.
- Work with vendors to insure components meet or exceed design goals.
- Implement tools to gather engineering data, track projects, measure product failure rates, track issue resolution, track productivity, inform the team or key dates and milestones, and overall integrate with other company systems.
- Collaborate with operations and vendors to cost down designs to deliver products at or below target cost.
- Ability to travel as required, estimated at 20 – 40% of the time.
Required Education & Experience
- Education and Experience: BS in any engineering focus, 10+ years of industry experience, with at least 6 years in a management position.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience working with and driving outstanding performance from outsourced engineering and manufacturing partners.
- Global development perspective.
- Competent in electronic hardware and software design
- Diligent, reliable and tenacious
- Willingness to take on challenges and work with a group to identify solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized, superior attention to detail
Benefits and Perks
Inboard offers a robust benefits package. Below is a sample of the many benefits offered:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible and scalable paid time off policy
- A casual work environment filled with energetic, fun, team oriented people
- Work and play in beautiful Santa Cruz, CA
- Employee discounts on Inboard products and all of Inboards’ partner brands and retailers
- Competitive compensation
- Stock option
- Dog friendly work spaces
- Team events and travel
- Flexible work schedule with opportunities to work remote
- Skate time, ride days, surf days
- Creating the future of personal electric vehicles with an amazing and talented team
- All Inboard Products available to you whenever you need them