Senior Manufacturing & Test Engineer
Contribute your technical manufacturing, equipment design and project management skills to a dynamic development team creating active transport solutions. The role requires hands-on participation in new product development teams that create and refine electro-mechanical components, assemblies, process documentation, tooling and test methods while challenging new product designs to improve efficacy, reliability, manufacturability and cost for electric motor driven solutions.
- Take complete manufacturing responsibility for design implementations into production.
- Create, maintain and improve pilot manufacturing assembly line, specifying and/or refining BOMs, workflow processes, manufacturing plan and detailed work instructions.
- Design, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve fixtures, tools and equipment.
- Define mfg process & test requirements
- Develop test fixtures & mfg process instructions
- Coordinate Test HW & SW development with Engineering
- Provide hands-on production support through successful and sustained project launch internally and with CM partners.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
- Provide design engineers with product and process DFx (Manufacturing, Assembly, Support/Service) input to enhance manufacturability of new products.
- Take responsibility for maintaining compliance with quality system including corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions and ECO implementation.
- Provide technical support analyzing and /or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS / MS degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years experience as design or manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant mechanical / electromechanical content.
- Must possess strong communication skills to interface with technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, inspection, customer support and clinical marketing teams.
- Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product validation/verification in consumer electronics or action sports.
- Prior experience designing automated equipment, complex mechanism manufacturing is a plus.
- New product introduction/development experience required.
- Working knowledge of lab tools and equipment.
- Soldering/re-work & board level debug skills.
- Board Level Troubleshooting experience a plus.
- Proficient in CAD software (SolidWorks, preferred) and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project).
- Able to travel periodically to suppliers.
- Experience in action sports or consumer electronics preferred.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- Flexible hours for pursuing outdoor sports
- Pro-form ordering with nearly all top-tier action sports brands in both hard-goods and soft
- Live and work in beautiful Santa Cruz, California