Senior Electrical Engineer Embedded Systems
Inboard Technology is looking for an individual that has a very deep understanding of embedded electrical systems design. This individual will work within a team of electrical and mechanical engineers to design cutting edge electric mobility devices and all the systems that make these vehicles perform safely, predictably, and excitingly. Our first product is a high performance electric skateboard that can be used by enthusiasts as well as the commuter that needs to go the first or last mile. This individual will play a key role in helping to define the vehicles systems, user interfaces, safety interlocks, and performance characteristics.
- Define high level system architecture for systems on the vehicle such as battery monitoring system, sensor inputs, motor controller, high current busses, communication interfaces, and display/user interface.
- Has a strong voice in the electrical architecture and direction of products sold by Inboard Technology
- Work with component vendors to qualify parts to meet the needs of the system architecture
- Conduct peer reviews of designs, features, and marketing/engineering specifications. Schedules and leads design reviews at strategic points of a product’s development.
- Perform circuit design, schematic entry, and oversee board layout for system circuit boards
- Write embedded firmware for vehicle systems as well as functional test systems
- Assist with building a test infrastructure to get full test coverage of all features
- Insure projects are handed off to production for on time, fully qualified, quality manufacture on production schedule
- Creates component or system-level timelines, tracks and reports on progress vs. established timeline.
- Accountable for holding due-dates, understands inter-dependencies between engineering development timelines and downstream stakeholders.
- Organize and maintain version repository system
- Owns full documentation and revision control of assigned parts, including associated engineering documents.
- Generates and tracks to implementation Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Generates and maintains revisions of Bills of Materials (BOMs).
- Leads Engineering response to manufacturing or field issues on assigned parts.
- Leads in root cause analysis of issues with existing product.
- Mentors and trains Jr. Engineers and checks their work.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience, Computer Sciences, or similar area
- 6-10 Years of professional engineering experience in related field
- Extensive experience with embedded systems hardware and software
- Extensive experience with analog and digital circuit design, power electronics is a plus
- Mobility devices, EV systems, or battery operated device experience preferred
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong embedded programming skills.
- Ability to evaluate technologies and their fit to design specifications
- Problem solving and process oriented design test and document is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized, superior attention to detail
- Diligent, reliable and tenacious