R&D Assembly Technician
Inboard Technology is seeking a R&D Assembly Technician to work in Santa Cruz, CA who is eager and excited to join a high-growth startup. The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing an in depth assembly process, hands on work, along with troubleshooting to fix the unfixable. This candidate is hardworking, not afraid to jump into production at any stage, who possesses tremendous communication, leadership and organizational skills.
- Support new product development release cycle
- Build electro-mechanical electric skateboard sub-assemblies (Alpha, Beta, and early production units).
- Troubleshoot and repair pre-production materials
- Assembly and modification of early engineering prototypes as required
- Build test fixtures and support equipment as required
- Review of assembly instructions and provide inputs for refinement and improvement
- Incoming inspection of piece parts for production line operation
Skills & Technical Qualifications Required:
- AS Degree in a technical field (Engineering, Science, Technology) preferred
- 3+ years of hands on experience assembling technical systems. Good knowledge about manufacturing methods and processes to build electronic and mechanical assemblies. Familiar and comfortable using various types of manufacturing assembly hand tools and testing equipment.
- Read and follow assembly instructions and general workmanship documents and specification.
- Provide feedback to engineers on operational instructions for transfer of product to other production facilities and from Alpha / Beta into production
- Must be able to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented mind-set, diligent and accurate
- Self-motivated and flexible individual able to function in a high-energy, fast paced team environment with minimal direction. Excellent problem solving skills; creative and analytical skills; high integrity and discretion
- Must be able to speak and write English proficiently
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willing to work overtime and/or during weekends as necessary
- Limited local travel to support pre-production efforts
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- Flexible hours for pursuing outdoor sports
- Pro-form ordering with nearly all top-tier action sports brands in both hard-goods and soft
- Live and work in beautiful Santa Cruz, California