Assistant Media Manager
Inboard Technology is seeking an Assistant Media Manager who is eager and excited to join a high-growth startup. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating cutting-edge and engaging video and photographic content. You will join a fast-paced, growing creative team where you’ll show off your ability to create top tier video and photographic content to our audience. This person will be a crucial member of our team, creating content for a variety of projects, shared with our worldwide audience.
A tools guru: you've worked with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Lightroom.
Eager to learn: you want not only to work, but to question, challenge, and gain the experience you need to become a content creation badass.
Ambitious: you have tons of ideas and the skills to pull them off, now all you need is the chance to show what you're capable of in a bay. You're ready to help produce, write, and edit some thrilling, humorous, and engaging content.
Thorough: you're the type to triple-check the accuracy of infographics, names, and even file extensions.
A file manager: you’re organized - we collect and collate an incredible amount of content throughout the year, so keeping it organized is key.
- Manage primary media asset storage, shared storage archives and oversee redundancy
- Manage and organize projects, bins and media
- Manage exporting and file management
- Manage editing stations, production and post-production equipment inventory
- Collaborate with the content marketing & sales team to develop efficient workflow practices with those internal and external to Inboard
- Actively work in all aspects of production & post-production including; editing, compositing, green screen, retouching, format conversion, encoding, sound production, sound recording, sound design, compression, motion graphics, and mastering
- Manage and deliver multiple projects on fast-paced timelines
- Keep up to date on industry changes and trends for social video, and apply a deep understanding of what great social video content looks like to our projects
- Collaborate with the media team to develop creative aesthetic for a variety of digital editing workflows and digital formats
- Strive to produce videos with clever angles on trending stories that move audiences to be inspired, and share
- A badass showreel and examples of your past work
- 1-3 years of professional video and photo editing experience
- An obsession about the technical details to ensure projects are perfect
- Experience working with major video post-production software, specifically Adobe Premiere, and additional Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Familiarity with other online editing styles found in: online daily video series, YouTube, social media sites and non-traditional video series
- A good sense of humor and ability to collaborate with other editors and producers to achieve a common vision
- A strong positive attitude and a demonstrated ability to accomplish complicated projects with confidence
- A strong commitment to department and company goals
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and proactively solve problems
- Clear and concise communication skills
- High flexibility and the ability to work on fast-paced project timelines
- Raw enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
- A college degree (preferred)
- An interest in action sports and technology
Don’t forget to include a resume and reel of your work (or links to individual projects). We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Position type: part-time hourly at first, with the opportunity to become a salaried member of the Inboard Technology Team.