VP of Sales
Inboard Technology is seeking a Vice President of Sales to work in Santa Cruz, CA. Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Sales is accountable for overall sales organization performance, and for aligning sales objectives with the overall business strategy. The ideal candidate will have a deep expertise in motivating teams, while developing and executing highly successful sales strategies.
- Grow, maintain, and manage a team of both internal and external sales reps.
- Establish and governs the sales organization’s performance management system and oversees the allocation and measurement of objectives.
- Provide leadership to the sales team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Perform staff performance reviews and address any performance issues; provide or organize additional support to staff as needed.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal departments regarding key customer business trends and updates.
- Partner with engineering and product management to address key account product needs and overall line development
- Oversee the deployment of point of purchase displays and in-store exhibits and collateral.
- Manage rep. and distributor feedback meetings and timely forecasts; and measure and report on forecast accuracy. Ensure retail partners maintain optimal brand representation
- Lead Customer Service organization and effectively manage ERP customer master database
- Responsible for new business develop and partnership opportunities
- Partner and communicate with Web/Ecommerce teams to meet sales objectives
- Collaborate on go to market strategy through work with Merchandising, Product and Marketing teams
- Organize and schedule all major meetings including go to market and national sales meeting and key retailer showings. Attend company and industry events and trade shows.
- Report to CEO and attend weekly Executive Team meetings and presentations at quarterly Board Meetings
Position Requirement & Qualifications//
- A visionary with a deep understanding of sales strategies and a proven track record of creating initiatives that will grow revenue while cementing the position of Inboard as a leading premium brand
- Successful experience in managing direct sales channels while supporting a network of domestic retailers, distributors, and international distributors
- Management and execution of a sales budget
- Ability to creatively and proactively solve problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills - the ability to speak on behalf of the company
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university or college or equivalent professional education and experience
- An interest in action sports and technology
- Minimum 7 years of field sales experience with 5 years in management
- Experience in either Consumer Electronics or Action Sports industry background including Sales and Key Account Management
- Ability to lead, coach, and develop staff to improve performance and achieve professional goals
- Understanding of the company’s core customer as well as the competitive market.
- Demonstrated ability in all aspects of sales leadership
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org