Vice President of Engineering
Inboard Technology is looking for individuals that want to work with a team that is passionate about action sports, personal mobility, technology, and innovative ways to get difficult jobs done. We are a startup company that moves quickly to stay ahead of the competition by innovating and inventing technology. We all jump in to make sure everything that needs to get done is done. At Inboard you will be working with a company that is developing a market leading electric skateboard and other personal mobility ridables, that are appealing to those that are looking for a high-performance personal vehicle as well as people interested in a first mile/last mile solution for their daily commute.
As the Vice President of Engineering you will be leading a team of mechanical, electrical, firmware, software, industrial design and outside contractors to develop an array of core products as well as accessories. You will also help set the companies strategic direction working with all the other departments to plan how engineering can best execute to bolster the objectives of sales, marketing, operations, and customer service.
- Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company’s strategic direction.
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of product development activities, holding them to development timelines and keeping them within budget.
- Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource/mentor.
- Hire and direct staff to meet department goals and milestones.
- Ensure that product development is focused on meeting and exceeding the customer requirements.
- Implement processes to ensure product is designed to engineering best practices.
- Measure and report on engineering KPI’s.
- Work with vendors to insure components meet or exceed design goals.
- Implement tools to gather engineering data, track projects, measure product failure rates, track issue resolution, track productivity, inform the team or key dates and milestones, and overall integrate with other company systems.
- Collaborate with operations and vendors to cost down designs to deliver products at or below target cost.
Skills and Attributes:
- Education and Experience: BS in any engineering focus, 10+ years of industry experience, with at least 6 years in a management position.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Competent in electronic hardware and software design
- Diligent, reliable and tenacious
- Willingness to take on challenges and work with a group to identify solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized, superior attention to detail
- Ability to travel as required, estimated at 20 – 40% of the time.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Stock option
- Casual work environment
- Dog friendly work spaces
- Flexible work schedule
- Skate time, ride days, surf days
Submit your resume to email@example.com